What's the difference between the XLscorePRO and XLscoreII?

Topics about Timing Systems software products, questions, features, functionality

What's the difference between the XLscorePRO and XLscoreII?

Postby MannerTee » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:26 pm

I own a 2710 and familiar with the XLscoreII PC software. If I upgrade to th XLscorePRO software, what am I getting in addition to what I already own?
MannerTee

Re: What's the difference between the XLscorePRO and XLscore

Postby raceamerica » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:14 am

Both of these race management software programs run on a PC, operate the timing system, and store driver information and race results. XLscore II was designed for smaller racing events where the results of the racing is standings for a single class or several classes. XLscore PRO was designed for racing events where an elimination round will determine a single winner in each class. Both have a manual pairing mode, Practice Round and Qualifying Round with capability to add a remote second PC for an announcer to view driver information and race results separate from the PC running the timing system.

The main difference between the XLscore PRO and XLscore II is the addition of the Eliminations Round and larger capacity for driver registration and classes. The XLscore II is at a lower entry price. The XLscore PRO also adds the automation for staging handled remotely at the starting line using an iPad running the XLstageHD app. The automation also includes remote registration at the gate using an iPad running the XLregisterHD app. The iPad communicates to the PC through a local wifi connection (router) and does not require access to the internet.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Postby MannerTee » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:24 am

So if I upgrade to the XLscorePRO software, I will need to replace my timer from the current 2710 to a 2700. Is that correct?
MannerTee

Postby raceamerica » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:28 am

MannerTee wrote:So if I upgrade to the XLscorePRO software, I will need to replace my timer from the current 2710 to a 2700. Is that correct?

The 2710 hardware can be upgraded to a 2700 by purchasing the upgrade software and running the upgrade program on your PC to upgrade the code in the timer. You can perform the upgrade without having to ship the timer to RaceAmerica. XLscore PRO software is also a PC upgrade program and it will replace the XLscore II software.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Postby MannerTee » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:49 pm

Will the XLscorePRO upgrade keep all my driver and class info already entered into the system? What about my previous event backup files?
MannerTee

Postby raceamerica » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:02 pm

MannerTee wrote:Will the XLscorePRO upgrade keep all my driver and class info already entered into the system? What about my previous event backup files?

Prior to running the upgrade program, perform a BACKUP. When the XLscore PRO is installed, use the LOAD function to reload the last backup file, then, all the driver and class previously entered will be restored.

SPECIAL NOTE:
Windows 7, 8, and 10 have added file security so best to right click the XLscore PRO icon on your desktop and select OPEN FILE LOCATION. Locate the XLSCORE.EXE and XLSTAGE.EXE programs and right click each and select PROPERTIES. Click on the COMPATIBILITY tab and place an X in RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATIBILITY MODE, then click on the pulldown and highlight WINDOWS XP (SERVICE PACK 3). Click APPLY, then OK. Do this to both programs to ensure Windows 7, 8, and 10 will not interfere with normal program operation.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Postby Poonaam » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:17 am

Hi!
Excellent ! I got useful information here. Thank you!
Poonaam

Return to Timing Systems Products