Track Safety Light revision code confusion

Topics about Electronic Flagging hardware products, questions, features, functionality.

Track Safety Light revision code confusion

Postby Dakimmer » Tue May 03, 2022 10:45 am

The track safety lights I use have a revision of A.1 shown on the TrackSafety PC software. Wanting to add more lights, I am confused what revision levels are compatible with my existing lights and what are the differences so I can move forward with a purchase of two more lights.
Dakimmer

Re: Track Safety Light revision code confusion

Postby raceamerica » Wed May 04, 2022 5:18 pm

Revision code level fails into one of two areas. The first is a track configuration where no Digital Safety Flags (DSF) will be installed, just Track Safety Lights (TSL). The second is a track configuration of only DSFs or a combination of DSFs and TSLs.

For the first configuration of TSLs only, Revision Code s of A.x and C.x for wireless data comm are available where C.x allows the use of a hardwired Hand Controller connected directly to each light.

The second configuration of DSFs or TSLs plus DSFs, TSL Revision Code is B.x for wireless data comm and E.x for network data comm. The DSF can be any level of Revision Code as long as the data comm matches..

If you have TSLs with A.x and/or C.x code, only TSLs with A.x and/or C.x code is compatible. TSLs with network data comm will be compatible with all DSF models and TSLs with E.x code. TSLs with B.x code with wireless data comm are compatible with wireless DSF models. All network data comm based TSLs and DSFs are fully compatible with a mix of models and types.

Hope that makes it a bit clearer,
raceamerica
Site Admin

Re: Track Safety Light revision code confusion

Postby raceamerica » Mon May 09, 2022 10:22 am

In addition to the A.x and C.x revisions for TSL only track configurations, there is one additional revision G.x which is also fully compatible. With the parts shortages lingering, the G.x revision is designed around alternate equivalent parts.

There are also revisions G.x for wireless TSL/DSF track configurations and F/x for IP network communication models. These revisions were assigned to identify alternate equivalent components also.

The new revisions let RaceAmerica measure the effectiveness of the alternate components solution. Thus far there is no difference in performance or reliability between the revisions and wireless and network communication models.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Return to Electronic Flagging Products